Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Another Blogger tip

I have always wondered how many people were subscribed to my blog. Blogger has the feed option but it does not tell you anything about subscribers. Feedburner does but the problem is you have to burn your feed into a feedburner one and feedburner would give you stats on those who subscribe to the newly created feed.
Till recently, I had no way of knowing whether this blog was being regularly read by people or not (though I have had quite a number of people tell me that they read my blog and I have been plesantly surprised to know that :). As the beginning of the previous line suggests, I have been able to find a way get stats on the number of subscribers. I was messing around with my feed settings in blogger (my feed subscribers may have noticed those changes) and I found that blogger has introduced a new feature called feed redirect. I put in my feedburner feed in that box and overnight, I knew the number of subscribers to this blog...
If you want to exploit this feature, you can follow the steps in this tutorial.

3 comments:

Abi said...

You are too late to the party, dude! This feature has been on for quite sometime (like, more than a month!). You techies are sooooo slooooow ...

;-)

Shruthi said...

Hey, thanks! :) Tried it out!

Madhat said...

@abi: and you would think I would be better informed, wouldn't you?

@shruti: thanks! the next time, you should try abi for tech advice... :D

Site Analytics

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered By Blogger