Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Trip to Nandi Hills


08380021
Originally uploaded by amathad.

I went to Nandi hills this sunday for the sole aim to photogaph the "picturesque" environment of the place. I was sorely disappointed.. :(
It is around 60 kms from Bangalore city and it takes 2.5 hours to get there! The last eight kilometers took an hour and I was dreading that the bus was going to give up on the way as the climb was very steep indeed. On getting on top of the hill, I was in for a surprise. The place is too small and too hot to be a hill station. I was able to explore the entire area in under an hour! It was swarming with people and their extremely noisy kids that I could barely got a moment of rest in that place. what did I expect from it, you ask? Something that lives up to its reputation, thats all. Is it really a hill station? Um, NO!
There was only one thing that I thought was something new that I experienced. For the first time, I felt that I was on a giant ball!!! The other times I have went to hills have always been hills completely surrounded by other hills and you never get the 'on-a-giant-ball' feeling at all (Of course, they were far more cooler that this hot spot!). Here though there are other hills around, they do not surround it and you get a view of huge plain in front of it. I have captured a scetion of it in this photograph. I also tried my hand at creating a panaroma but that roll is still in my camera. So, you will have to wait for that one.
I remained there till evening in the hope that the light would perhaps improve the depressing place. well, it did in a way and that roll is still in camera. By the time I reached the bus stand, it was 7.15 Pm and apparently , the bus that was supposed to come at 6.30 PM had not come yet and after waiting for sometime, I decided to take a lift. Well, I got one at my first attempt. It was an empty mini-lorry that took me all the way to Bangalore. I think I am getting the hang of this travelling thingie. :)

No comments:

Site Analytics

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered By Blogger